Stand-Up for Grain Safety Week March 25-29, 2019 – Free Safety Training Resources
March 25 - March 29
Join the Grain Handling Safety Coalition for the National Stand-Up for Grain Safety Week March 25-29, 2019.
During this week commit to safety by setting aside time to focus on hazards and reinforce the importance of prevention. One hour of a safety activity, such as training, is all it takes to receive a Certificate of Participation for Stand Up activities.
Use any of the FREE Resources below for your Safety Activity.
When completed, register your Stand-Up participation to download a certificate.
- Check out the “How to Conduct a Safety Stand-Up” video.
- Webinar “Stand-up For Grain Safety Week Topic Discussion & Resources” Wednesday, March 21 at 12:00 PM CDT. Learn about the hazard topics for this year’s Stand-up Week and available resources. This webinar is designed to assist employers and rural health & safety professionals and educators participate in the National Stand-up for Grain Safety Week.
- Visit the Stand-Up for Grain Safety website for other resources.
Option 1 – Daily Webinars
Tuesday through Friday, March 26-29 at 2:00 p.m. CDT, GHSC will present a webinar focusing on the hazard topic for the day. Participate in one or all of them. Click on the title to register for the webinar.
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. CDT
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. CDT
- Thursday, March 27, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. CDT
- Friday, March 28, 2019 @ 2:00 p.m. CDT
Option 2 – On-line training
“Overview of Grain Handling & Storage Safety”
Option 3 – Safety videos
View one or more training videos and have a discussion. Use accompanying curriculum and/or resources such as checklists, handouts, toolbox talks, templates, for more in-depth training.
- Lifeline Protection System for Bin Entry (15:31minutes)
- Learn how lifelines work during bin entry including components needed and basic set-up.
- Powerpoint® curriculum – “Introduction to Lifeline Protection Systems”
- Lock Out/Tag Out: Each Time, Every Time (4:50 minutes)
- Reducing Grain Bin Entry Risks (23:24 minutes)
- Seconds to Tragedy: Grain Safety for Young Workers (14:30 minutes)
- A powerful video for young workers and employers, provides a poignant look at the need to educate young workers about safety and encourage them to Stand T.A.L.L. (Talk, Ask, Learn, Live). Speak up and ask questions before tragedy strikes.
- Seconds to Tragedy Discussion Guide
The Grain Handling Safety Coalition offers on-site, low-cost training. Training focuses on task based solutions to safe work practices. GHSC trainers work in the industry – at commercial facilities or farms. They bring valuable real-life experience to the training and encourage discussion, problem solving, and “hands-on” learning. Use the link above to request a training session.