[ibox type=warning ]Recommended Course Length: 90 -120 minutes
- All levels of employees and managers in commercial and farm establishments
- Farm owners, operators, supervisors, employees
- Commercial Elevator managers, supervisors, employees
- Rescue personnel and health professionals
- Farm Bureau managers/staff, Extension educators, and agribusiness leaders and employees
- Temporary and migrant workers
- Youth employees
- Anyone working on or around farms, elevators, agribusiness, and machinery
- Community Safety Day audiences
- Especially suited for a broad based audience with a wide variety of backgrounds. These hazards are found in all areas of agriculture and agribusiness and the concepts are transferable to other areas and not solely unique to grain handling operations.
Entanglements are a leading cause of injury and deaths in agribusiness. Content provides more in-depth information about the hazards found in and around grain structures and handling equipment which pose entanglement hazards. Course focuses on the proper identification, prevention, maintenance and correction of entanglement hazards. The course identifies specific entanglement hazards and common practices which lead to these accidents. Lock Out/Tag Out is discussed as a “Best practice” to avoid these hazards. Machine guarding principles are explored and guarding as a “Best Practice” is discussed. Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) is introduced to assist in identifying hazards and determining corrective strategies. It explores ways to incorporate safety standards into everyday tasks and looks at topics such as OSHA standards and sweep augers.
These hazards are found in all areas of agriculture and agribusiness. The concepts presented are transferable to other areas and not solely unique to grain handling operations.
- Participants will be able to identify general and specific entanglement hazards at their workplace.
- Participants will be able to identify and recommend general abatement strategies.
- Participants will be able to understand and employ simple Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Participants will be able to initiate basic JHA strategies.