The Grain Handling Safety Coalition thanks you for your interest in promoting safety education in the grain handling industry through your role as a trainer. Below are the expectations GHSC has for trainers, as well as the expectations we have of ourselves.
- Provide quality training material in a variety of formats.
- Provide demonstration equipment and group activities.
- Provide support to trainers with instruction, record-keeping, registration, information, and updates, including postage paid envelopes.
- Provide financial support to trainers when available.
- Provide updates on material, additional materials and resources to trainers.
- Continually strive to improve materials to meet audience needs.
- Work with communities to improve their safety sustainability and efforts.
- Provide training in your local community working with local Community Partnerships.
- A 12 month commitment to GHSC.
- Provide a minimum of 10 hours of training over the 12 month period.
- Provide training to at least 10 people per session whenever possible.
- Provide a minimum of 120 contact hours of training in 12 months. Contact hours are Hours of Training x # of Participants. Lunch period, registration, and other “administrative time” is not counted toward Training Hours. [A1]
- Provide GHSC attendance sheets and evaluations from each training session.
- Ensure the requested information is received on attendance sheets and evaluations.
- Use the GHSC curriculum approved by our grantor – U.S. Dept. of Labor – OSHA.
- Provide GHSC with constructive feedback to help continually drive improvement.
- Maintain the integrity and spirit of GHSC when representing the organization as a trainer.
- Complete financial documents as requested for payment of services.
NOTE: As of September 2012 we have limited funds for Trainer financial support –stipend and/or mileage. Stipends are limited to $50 per module. Mileage is based on state rates and must be over 50 miles away. There must be at least 20 participants in the session. Other restrictions may apply. If you are interested in payment, please contact Robert Aherin, 217-333-9417.
[A1]These Expectations have changed. Please review carefully – we originally said 8 hrs (1 day). 12 hours accounts for two 6 hour sessions. I added contact hours – basically this is 1 hour a month or two traiing sessins. Additionally, we said 10 participants – but the stipend now is only for 20+ participants.